Monday, May 08, 2006

Favorite Music of 2006

I've been lax in my music comments so here are the things I've been listening to the last few months. (Again - not all of it's from 2006). I'll try and jazz this up with some images at some point but I've been writing it for two weeks waiting to get to that.

(I've recommended my favorite songs on each)

The Emusic Section

Film School - Film School (emusic) - One of my favorite cds of this year (too bad their instruments were stolen here in Philly). (4 out 5 stars)
  • On and On
  • Pitfalls
  • He's a Deep Deep Lake
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Streetcore (2003) - How could I miss this one? Actually I didn't, but had it and never listened to it. It's sad to listen to because it's so good and Strummer passed away with too much music left in him. (4 stars)

  • Arms Aloft
  • All in a Day
  • Coma Girl
The National - Alligator ( 2005) (3 Stars)
  • Secret Meeting
  • All the Wine
The Wedding Present - Take Fountain (2005) (3 stars)
  • Interstate 5
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - Fear is on our side (3 stars)
  • Long Walk
  • We Choose Faces
  • According to the Plan

The others...

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah (2005) - (4 stars)
  • Let the Cool Goddess Rust Away
  • The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
  • Is This Home On Ice
Morrissey - Ringleaders of the Tormentors (4 stars)
  • The Youngest Was the Most Loved
  • In the Future When All's Well
  • I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
Loose Fur - Born Again in the USA - (3.5 stars)
  • Hey Chicken
  • Pretty Sparks
Josh Ritter - The Animal Years (3.5 stars)
  • Girl in War
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl (2005) (3 stars)
  • Weight of the World
  • Steal a Ride
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat (3 stars)
  • Rise Up With Fists!!
  • Handle With Care
My Morning Jacket - Z (2005) (3 stars)
  • Gideon


No comments: