Friday, April 21, 2006

Review: The Henry Rollins Show

Kristen is having a girl's night out so I'm catching up on my DVR watching. When I first heard about the Henry Rollins Show it sounded like a winner - first show: Oliver Stone and Sleater-Kinney - that's enough for me. This show is for liberals what Rush Limbaugh is for conservatives. Rollins needs a little smoothing out - but I think that's the style. It's rough around the edges - but he doesn't care. Tell you what - his rants sound a lot like mine - I guess that means he's pretty good. It will be interesting to see if he includes some guests that don't share his viewpoint - Rollins puts those guns to use.

Rollins has always been an odd one for me. He looks like he would kick your ass, but when he talks, he turns out to be a sensitive, green tree-hugger. Nice trick.

IFC is perfect for this show - it wouldn't play anywhere else - master of the obvious I am - where else on TV are you going to hear "motherfuck George Bush". I love the idea of giving people like Chuck-D an avenue to speak and musicians such as Jurassic 5 and Sleater-Kinney TV time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you took the words right outta my mouth. love this show.

brendan

Howard said...

Spence, you'll have to forgive me for being shallow, but goddam that man is hot!

Good to know he has an outlet now.